I hope you are having a fantastic summer.
It's been a while since we ran some evening webinars but come September we have two coming up, so sign up and join us!
The first on 12 September is about how to play to your strengths at work. The second is the following week on 16 September and the topic will be how to change career.
If you would like a steer on either of these topics, but don’t want to have one to one coaching at this time, these webinars are an ideal way to get ideas, inspiration, support and advice from one of the UK’s leading career coaches completely free and from the comfort of your own laptop!
You'll be able to get your questions answered in our live chat at the end, and receive a discount on our coaching if you are interested in receiving more in-depth guidance.
1. PLAY TO YOUR STRENGTHS – Thu 12 September 2019 - 8.00-9.00pm
Knowing your strengths and playing them is the key to having an enjoyable and brilliant career. Yet most of us aren't clear what our strengths are. We're more likely to know what our weaknesses are. We certainly have never been told the role they play in energising our workdays and bringing pleasure to or work, nor how to harness them to develop and grow our careers to be a perfect fit for us.
- Why using our strengths is essential for job satisfaction and success
- What we mean by strengths (they are different to skills)
- How to identify your strengths and explore how they align or don't with your current role
- Four ways to use strengths to realise your potential and enjoyment in your current role and to inform your next career move, internally or externally
- Q and A
You'll walk away from the workshop with a much clearer sense of your strengths and a plan to apply them more successfully in your career.
Who is it for?
All professionals and leaders can benefit from this webinar, and it will be especially helpful:
- If confidence is an issue for you and you constantly feel you aren't "good enough"
- You have wondered what your "brand" or "USP" is and you want to be able to articulate your value more clearly to others so that for example, you are well-positioned for internal opportunities.
- You are about to embark on (or are in the midst of a job search)
Join me, and play to your strengths in 2019
Click here to get the full description of this webinar, and to book on Eventbrite.
Interested in reading our latest blog about strengths? Read on https://www.thecareercoach.co.uk/feeling-burnt-out-you-may-not-be-playing-to-your-strengths/.
2. HOW TO CHANGE CAREER WEBINAR - Mon 16 September 2019 - 8.00-9.00pm
Have you ever dreamt of leaving your current job and exploring something completely different? We don’t just mean doing the same job in a different sector, but changing both your job and the field in which you work in, like retraining to become a psychologist, starting up your own business, or making money from a passion like sport, cooking or property.
Changing career can be really exciting – and rewarding intellectually, emotionally and financially. But there are pitfalls, and many people don’t succeed because they don’t know how to do it the right way. Don’t let that be you!
- Why more of us are choosing to change careers - and how it's even becoming the norm
- The four mistakes naive career changers make and how to avoid them
- The seven steps to planning a career transition that works brilliantly for you
- Q and A
Who's it for?
- You've come back from your summer holiday and are dreaming of escaping your current job
- You've had ideas to change career but aren't researching it or aren't taking effective action towards making it happen
- You're just stuck on the subject and don't know where to begin
- You've changed career before and it hasn't worked out for you the way you thought it would - and you don't want to be seen to be job-hopping on your CV
- You're just curious!
To learn more about the webinar, and to book on Eventbrite, click here
Interested in our blog on the subject of leaving your job to going full-time to pursue a passion or interest? Read more: https://www.thecareercoach.co.uk/changing-career-to-pursue-an-interest/
Not accessed webinars before and not sure how it works? Don't worry it's easy. We work with a platform called Zoom. You'll receive the link to the webinar when you register. On the day you either click on the Zoom link on your device or ring the telephone number for an audio-only version.
I look forward to seeing you in September.
P.S. Have an urgent or important issue that needs resolving with your job and it can't wait until September. Go into our online calendar and book a complimentary career review consultation to discuss it with me.
MANAGE YOUR SUBSCRIPTION
Thank you for reading. You have received this newsletter because you signed up to the newsletter, downloaded our Career MOT, enquired about coaching at some point or have received coaching or attended a workshop from us in the past. If you no longer wish to receive these you can subscribe at any time. You are also welcome to forward this email to friends and colleagues who may find it of interest, providing you keep the newsletter in its entirety.